Thursday 5 February, 2009

New questions!

Do humans always need to worry? Or is it just that I have an OCD which makes me worry..

Now that admits to colleges have started coming in, a new decision facing me is whether to stop at an MS, or continue working for a PhD. If only an MS, then take a job, rite? A job to recover the amount of money spent. Then after that? I want to be back to India again... When will that be? 2 years from now? 5 years from now? Or 10 years from now...

How long should one stay away from the ones he loves most in search of a more satisfying career? So eventually when I come back to India, how likely is getting a 'that' good a job in Pune? Or will it always be a compromise between a job you love, and the people you love??

As usual, for now, this decision should be pushed back till the last possible moment!

8 comments:

Akash... said...

Haha!
Been there, done that! :P (Actually, still doing that!)

I wouldn't dub it as worry though. I would rather say that it's a process of finding yourself. These are interesting questions and at a level I felt that this post was written by me! :P But well, I know my answer. I'd say, wait to find out yours. :)

mandar said...

I'd go for the latter.....you have an OCD which makes you worry..

:P

Nalini said...

It is natural to worry. You do wonder what the future holds for you, what should be your next move, where your next move will take you and so on

I guess this is because not all answers can be found in a day. With time you realize what u want... and ya,it doesn't have to be a compromise...at least not forever

As for 'that' good job, it depends on how you define good...money, work, environment or just a means of livelihood

Though I won't rule out OCD completely in your case! :P

KK said...

yeah.... OCD, and ADD also (!), and now i'm thinking i too suffer from ADD >.<

and ManGo.. as always.. Godlike \m/

Research Engineer said...

Welcome to the rest of your life! We're trained to be OC, without being a bit OC one can't make the efforts to get what one wants. e.g. if you want to become an engineer you need to study. The danger, as always, is being extreme, and perhaps wanting a bit too much, and perhaps becoming unhappy when you don't get it ...

Pranav Jawale said...

don't cross the bridge till you come to it.
Listen to favorite music and think about what you'd like the people to write in your biography.

Unknown said...

@KK: ADD + OCD would be bad naa!! I'd be obsessively compulsively attention deficient ;) (OCADD, anyone?) :P would that mean i would obsessively compulsively not pay attention, or i would i be deficient in my obsessive compulsive ways... which when u come to think abt it, aint obsessive at all then :P.. ohh, the irony!!

Nalini said...

OCADD...godlike punky!! tho i guess no more questions are coming to your mind or else you have taken sanyaas from blogging

do write something when you find some time from your busy schedule :P