Friday 21 December, 2007

Snapshots from Hell

This is a book I have been wanting to read for ages. Ever since I heard that FPS is a lift off from this. Peter Robinson talks about life in his first year at Stanford Business School. Supposedly hell...

A lot many incidents in the book are something which I can relate too from my life as a BITSian. The mood-swings that affect the campus. It wears a sombre look all throughout the exams, apart from that it is so nice, vibrant and noisy.. During fests its full of freakish enthusiasm.. I remember last Oct, where it was hauntingly silent for 15 days.. The point is, the mood affects the whole campus, u cant stay aloof...

Then there are the changes that come in students with every passing semester. In the first, u are in awe of the institute, afraid of the exams, wanting to get good grades etc. etc... In the second you kind of fit into the scheme of things, figure out what you want out of engineering. Then come the CDCs in your third year, a lot of hard work and not enough rewards. And then finally at the end of it all are the placements. Phew.. Quite a journey.

I wouldnt miss BITS for anything. Its given me so much, it has made me who I am...

Anyway coming back to the book, its a must read for wannabe MBAs, and maybe for people who don't wanna be MBAs too!

1 comment:

Full Of Life said...

Oh! Didnt kno FPS was a lift off. Cool..I must read it too. N yea...love it, hate it...you cant live without it. BITS roxx :D