Monday 27 July, 2009

Departure, and arrival

Left Mumbai at 2 50 am. For some reason, was not at all in a senti mood, except for the time when I made a few phone calls to friends… Mostly coz I was going to Europe before going on to study. Also, probably coz I was going to be with friends and other known people, so the effect of being alone wasn’t there.

We reached Frankfurt at 8 15 local time, and immediately ran over a kilometer at Frankfurt airport, from terminal B to terminal A, where our next flight was at 9 am, and reached Bremen alongwith our baggage at 10am. Right outside the airport was the tram station, ready to welcome us to City of Trams. Chinmay left us to figure out how to reach Elizabeth Strasse where we were going to be staying. It was just Chin, Hrushya and I in the house for the entire first day. I slept off :D and when I woke up, these guys had got tuna pizza for me. Fish isn’t all that bad, when compared to meat. I don’t like the dryness of chicken even after trying so much.

Later that evening went to receive Minu and Varad at the Hauptbahnhoff – the central train station, where they would be coming to back from their course at Bremerhafen – some 40km from Bremen. Seeing Minu again was great. Old friends… Had some cheap coffee at the Back Factory, before catching a tram back and walked the last few stops. Chatted a bit into the night, and then slept off coz we were all pretty tired.

No comments: