Monday 27 July, 2009

Europe!

The next posts are dedicated to my trip to Europe, made after a lot of contemplation as to whether the trip deserves the honor of a separate blog, but eventually deciding against it. I have tried to make the posts as descriptive as possible, trying consciously to diverge from my usually overly analytical and contemplative style, since I am talking of places, not ideas.

DISCLAIMER: At a couple of places however, I have not been able to refrain about putting up my thoughts on some of the things I saw. You may read them as my travel memoirs, although I must confess that I am new to the writing style for this descriptive format. Frankly, I have not found reading about people’s travel musings even mildly interesting… However, since I wrote these for myself to read later in life, I have written so as to evoke the imagery of the location in my mind. Writing seems to clearly be insufficient to describe all the places I see, and my laziness permitting, I hope to upload a few pictures as well.

NOTE: My trip started on the 8th July dawn from Mumbai, and will culminate in my flying off to Pittsburgh on the 3rd August. I have made the narrative conversational (to myself :P ), and in an effort to make it informal, have not mentioned a date at most places. Read on…

No comments: